Used Goods Exchange Service
The used goods exchange service is now available online on the Freiburg University Network at the following address:
Used goods / goods in working condition from the inventory of university departments.
- Computer equipment, such as printers, monitors, individual components, and even entire PCs and laptops.
- Furniture, such as desks, office cabinets, lockers, etc.
- Lab instruments, such as analysis devices and glassware.
In a word: anything which one department doesn’t need anymore but another department could (still) use.
- Documentation and presentation of goods with the goal of finding a new user for them as quickly as possible.
- Avoidance of needless disposal of potentially useful items.
- Avoidance of informal storage according to the principle “it might come in handy later...”
- Creation of incentives through the possibility of receiving payment for goods.
- Proceeds from sold goods raise the budget of the seller, and purchasing used goods is more affordable for the buyer.
Department 2.1 Budget, Finances, and Procurement, Fahnenbergplatz
Features of the Service:
- Browser-based online documentation of used goods and equipment.
- Presentation of the goods on the internet with the possibility for interested parties to ask questions and make offers.
- Effective and trouble-free mediation between supply and demand.
- Quality control through central, active moderation.
- Support in making transactions and monitoring of payment process by department 2.1